(VTC News) – The State Bank of Vietnam (SBV) said that the next months of 2021 will tightly control credit in potentially risky areas such as real estate.
– This is one of the tasks emphasized by the State Bank in the direction of operating monetary policy and banking operations in the following months in 2021.
– The State Bank also said that in the coming time, the interest rate will be controlled in accordance with the management of macro balance, inflation, market movements and monetary policy goals, creating conditions for reducing capital costs for the people. , business and economy.
– Continuing to closely monitor developments in the domestic and international macroeconomic, monetary, exchange rate developments, foreign currency supply and demand to manage exchange rates appropriately, and synchronously implement monetary policy measures and tools. to stabilize the exchange rate and the foreign exchange market, and contribute to stabilizing the macro-economy.
– Observe developments in macroeconomic, monetary, domestic and international epidemics to manage credit appropriately in the direction of expanding credit, concentrating loan capital for priority sectors and fields. manufacturing business; credit structure orientation in line with economic transformation, contributing to promoting sustainable economic growth and development.
– Continue to synchronously implement solutions to remove difficulties for customers affected by the COVID-19 epidemic and solutions to remove credit problems for citizens and businesses damaged by natural disasters and epidemics. to restore production and business.
– Also according to the State Bank’s report, in the first quarter, this unit has flexibly and synchronously operated monetary policy tools to ensure smooth liquidity for the system, stabilize the money market, and create favorable conditions. reducing input costs for credit institutions, thereby reducing pressure on deposit and lending rates.
– As of April 16, 2021, the total means of payment (M2) increased by 2.90% compared to the end of 2020 and by 15.66% over the same period in 2020. The liquidity of the credit institution system is smooth. .
– Regarding interest rate management, from the beginning of the year until now, the State Bank has kept the same operating interest rates, facilitating credit institutions to access capital from the State Bank at low costs, thereby reducing interest rates. loan. Deposit and loan interest rates in February 2021 decreased by about 0.1% / year compared to December 2020.
– The exchange rate and the foreign exchange market are managed in accordance with macroeconomic developments, inflation, market movements and monetary policy goals, stable foreign currency market, smooth liquidity, and needs. The legal foreign currency has been fully and promptly responded to.